Virginia Glatzer offers experience as a leader in statewide secondary education initiatives, as an elementary classroom teacher, and as an adult learning professional. In addition to coaching teachers in a 1:1 program, she is currently a Regional Mentor Coordinator with the PA Institute for Instructional Coaching and facilitates a learning community for future principals through the Carbon Lehigh Intermediate Unit.
Virginia mentors education leaders on how to move from thinking about classrooms for the future to creating classrooms for today. Through mentoring, coaching, custom presentations, workshops, and job-embedded professional development, she helps education leaders and teachers realize how collaboration, creativity and differentiated instruction can be effectively used for teaching and learning.
As a mentor, Virginia’s focus is on 21st Century teaching and learning through the use of technology, with an emphasis on making connections to literacy strategies. During her school visits, she emphasizes using technology to differentiate instruction, encouraged the link between content and authentic experience, and celebrated learning through collaboration and creativity. Virginia mentors coaches on how to move from School 1.0 to School 2.0.
Her experience includes:
- Regional Mentor Coordinator for the PA Institute for Instructional Coaching
- Jewish Learning Venture, Consultant, Educational Leadership
- Learning Community Facilitator for the CLIU School Leadership Program for Principal Certification
- Instructional Technology Coach Consultant, West Chester Area School District 1:1 program
- Penn Literacy Network Facilitator
- Adjunct Instructor, Gratz College Educational Technology Program
- Mentor for the PA Department of Education's Classrooms for the Future
- Mentor for the PA Association for Educational Communications and Technology
- Microsoft Innovative Educator Master Trainer and Expert
- Windows in the Classroom Advisor
- Apple Professional Development Consultant
- Collaborative Coaching Board for the PA Department of Education
- LoTi Certified Mentor
- Teacher - Kindergarten, Third, and Fourth grades
- AVP, Instructional Designer at Merrill Lynch
Professional Learning Opportunities facilitated by Virginia include:
- Mentoring of administrators on learning and leading in a digital world
- Onsite coaching in a 1:1 environment with both G-Suite and Office 365
- Webinar series on a variety of instructional technology topics
- Literacy-focused instructional technology workshops
- Custom workshops on instructional technology topics
Virginia was interviewed by CaseNex for some case studies on PA schools.
- on higher order thinking skills
- on the design of Classrooms for the Future
Articles featuring Classrooms for the Future:
ISTE Coaching White Paper:
Technology, Coaching, and Community: Power Partners for Improved Professional Development in Primary and Secondary Education.
EDTECH Focus on K-12
Training Teachers to Integrate Technology