Realize the Promise of TechnologyAs a mentor, my focus is on realizing the promise of technology in teaching and learning. In my work with schools, I emphasize using digital tools to differentiate instruction, encourage the link between content and authentic experience, and celebrate learning through collaboration and creativity. I mentor administrators, coaches, and educators on how to move from School 1.0 to School 2.0. Ideally, after working with me, educators will no longer equate the fact that a student is simply using a computer with rigorous and relevant learning. They will know that it goes far beyond just sitting in front of a glowing screen or electrifying a lesson.
When the promise of technology is realized, lessons will integrate:
- Creativity, Collaboration, Communication, and Critical Thinking
- What you couldn't do before….
The kids go home tired, instead of the teacher.
It's not about the technology; it's about what you do with it.
I teach teachers how and why to integrate technology into their lessons – with the focus on higher order thinking skills. A sample of my offerings includes:
- Work with administrators and educators to build a vision of what technology integration looks like in the school or district
- Designing a professional development strategy
- Providing Instructional Coaching
- Facilitating face-to-face workshops
- Facilitating professional learning communities
- Teaching online workshops
I provide differentiated professional development for educators, so that learners can realize the promise of technology. I mentor, model, and engage.
- I model the use of tools and strategies that teachers can implement to transform instructional practice.
- I mentor educators on how these tools and strategies can be used effectively and appropriately with their content.
- I engage educators by meeting them where they are, so they can begin to learn the way their students should learn.
- Digital Citizenship
- Moving from School 1.0 to School 2.0
- Building an Online Professional Learning Network
- 21st Century Skills
- Collaborative Tools for Learning
- Bringing the Outside In for Collaboration and Understanding
- Communicating Your Message Effectively
- Information Gathering in a Web 2.0 World
- Gathering Data: Surveys, Cell Phones, and Formative Assessment
- Expanding Your Reach Beyond the School Walls
- Assessing Learning With Digital Tools
- Publishing to an Authentic Audience
- Back Channel
- Google Apps
- Google Docs
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft OneNote
- Microsoft Live: SkyDrive, WebApps
- Microsoft Free Tools for Teachers
- QR Codes
- RSS Readers
- Screen Cast Tools
- ....and Many More Web 2.0 Tools